LTO-8 technology available for NEO Series Tape Automation and Tape Drive portfolio
SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 08, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Overland-Tandberg™, a brand of Sphere 3D Corp. (NASDAQ:ANY) (the “Company”) and a leading provider of data management, backup and storage solutions, announced the availability of next-generation LTO-8 in its NEO® Series product line of tape automation and standalone tape drive solutions designed to provide cost-effective effortless backup and archive applications for enterprises of any size. Authorized Overland-Tandberg partners can place orders for NEO LTO-8 solutions today.
Support for LTO-8 allows existing customers to double their capacity when compared to LTO-7. In addition, the LTO-8 drives will be backward compatible with LTO-7 tape media, allowing LTO-8 drive users to read/write any LTO-7 media.
NEO Series LTO-8 Product Highlights:
- LTO-8 offers a compressed storage capacity of 30TB (12TB native) using a 2.5:1 ratio, and a compressed transfer rate of 750 MB/sec. (360MB/sec. native)
- LTO-8 tape, like LTO-7, supports LTFS, WORM (Write Once Read Many) and AES 256-bit hardware encryption
- NEO-XL Series: With capacities ranging from 960 TB to 16.8 PB, the NEO-XL Series addresses the need for midrange and enterprise businesses to do more with less by combining effortless automated backup, disaster recovery and archive with flexibility, density, high performance and affordability to ensure that data is protected faster, smarter, easier and more cost effectively.
- NEO-S Series: Designed for IT offices with limited space, resources and budgets, the NEO-S family delivers the ultimate in simple, affordable, reliable backup, archive and disaster recovery and supports up to 360 TB of data into a single unit of rack height.
- NEO LTO Ultrium Tape Drives: With superior performance and capacity, and available in both internal and external configurations, these tape drives provide up to 30TB per cartridge and are ideal for backing up and archiving data on single workstations or small networks.
NEO Series LTO-8 products are now available for order through authorized Overland-Tandberg distributors, starting at an entry MSRP of $3,199 US dollars or €2,855 Euros.
For further information, please go to the NEO LTO-8 Products overview page at this link or contact a sales representative at firstname.lastname@example.org
Overland-Tandberg™ is the unified brand that leverages the combined 50-plus-year history of the Sphere 3D Corp. (NASDAQ: ANY) subsidiaries, Overland Storage and Tandberg Data. With over one million units deployed worldwide, Overland-Tandberg delivers data management, backup and archive solutions via hybrid Cloud, Cloud and on-premises implementations through its global reseller network in over 90 countries. For more information, visit www.tandbergdata.com and www.overlandstorage.com. Connect with us on LinkedIn. Follow us on Twitter @ovltb.
US Corporate and Media Contact
Tel: +1 408-283-4731
Europe Corporate Contact:
Tandberg Data GmbH, Feldstraße 81, D-44141 Dortmund
Anja Scholl, Channel Marketing Manager EMEA
Tel: +49-231-5436-227, E-Mail: email@example.com
Europe Media Contact:
Konzept PR GmbH, Leonhardsberg 3, 86150 Augsburg
Michael Baumann, Tel: +49-821-34300-16, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties, and assumptions that are difficult to predict. Actual results and the timing of events could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements as a result of risks and uncertainties, including the market adoption, actual performance and functionality of the Company’s products; the Company’s inability to comply with the covenants in its credit facilities or to obtain additional debt or equity financing; any increase in the Company’s future cash needs; the Company’s ability to maintain compliance with NASDAQ Capital Market listing requirements; the Company’s ability to successfully integrate the UCX and HVE ConneXions business with its other businesses; unforeseen changes in the course of Sphere 3D’s business or the business of its wholly-owned subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Overland Storage and Tandberg Data; the level of success of the Company’s collaborations and business partnerships; possible actions by customers, partners, suppliers, competitors or regulatory authorities; and other risks detailed from time to time in Sphere 3D’s periodic reports contained in our Annual Information Form and other filings with Canadian securities regulators (www.sedar.com) and in prior periodic reports filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (www.sec.gov). Sphere 3D undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether written or oral, that may be made from time to time, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise, except as required by law.